Founded in January 1948 at the Imperial College, London by ten European countries, the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience, Association sans but lucratif (non-profit association), commonly known as IAESTE A.s.b.l. is an association of national committees representing academic, industrial and student interests.
We serve 4000 students, 3000 employers and 1000 academic institutions through career-focused professional internships abroad, social and intercultural reception programmes, international networking and other career and employer branding activities in more than 80 countries worldwide.
- To offer employers well-qualified and motivated trainees
- To be a source of cultural enrichment for trainees and their host communities
- To provide students with technical experience relevant to their studies
- To promote international understanding, cooperation and trust among students, academic institutions, employers and wider community
- To operate a high quality practical training exchange programme between members in order to enhance technical and professional development
- To operate irrespective of race, colour, gender, culture, religious or political beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression
- In IAESTE we are committed to fostering international understanding and impacting on the development of young people through international exchange. Our core values of friendship, trust, respect, professionalism, development and intercultural cooperation serve as a foundation for our strong organisational culture and as the principles that guide all our work and daily activities.