Cucumber seedlings in compost Soil erosion treatments
We work in field, nursery and greenhouse applications in vegetables and aromatic/medicinal plants in experimental studies with Nutrient balance; Soil erosion-desertification; Treated wastewater and reuse; Compost (Municipal solid waste compost, Plant residues)
Ongoing research projects
- Climate Change affecting grapevines and adaptation mechanisms
- Medicinal and Aromatic Plants under abiotic stress
- Waste management for seedling and potting plant production
Completed research projects
- ‘Exploitation of municipal solid waste compost and/or fertigation for vegetable seedling production.
- ‘Sustainable use of soil in terraced landscapes in Europe as a resource for agriculture’. (Collaborators: Charis Kalaitzidis-MAICh; Aristeidis Stamatakis-MAICh).
- ‘Exploitation of municipal solid waste compost for seedling production as well as for tomato and pepper greenhouse crop’. Research program XM EOX: EL0031. (Collaborators: Costas Paterakis- IMEMSW; Dr Thrassyvoulos Manios-TEI of Crete).
- ‘Occurrence of micro-pollutants in a soil-radish system irrigated with several types of treated domestic wastewater’. (Collaborators: Dr Thrassyvoulos Manios-TEI of Crete; Dr Michalis Fountoulakis-TEI of Crete).
- ‘Exploitation of treated waste water for greenhouse pepper crop. (Collaborators: Dr Thrassyvoulos Manios-TEI of Crete)