|Abstract submission open||01/06/2020|
|Abstract submission deadline||15/09/2020|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||15/11/2020|
Abstract submission is open at 1/06/2020 and therefore we invite participants to submit abstracts for proposed scientific contributions to the conference. To submit an abstract please visit the ROSA link: https://www.actahort.org/members/symposiar?nr=721.
Specifications about abstract preparation can be found here: https://www.ishs.org/authors
To submit an abstract, it is mandatory to have a valid ISHS user account.
If you need to apply for an ISHS user account, please read the “General information” below. If you already have a valid ISHS user account, please proceed directly to the submission.
Young Minds Awards
During each ISHS Symposium two Young Mind Awards for junior scientists are given, one award for the best oral presentation, and one award for the best poster. Students, junior scientists interested in participating in the ISHS Young Minds Award should indicate this when submitting their abstract by ticking the appropriate box available in the abstract entry page. By indicating his/her interest in the ISHS Young Mind Award the junior scientist confirms to meet the criteria for participation and agrees to accept the terms and conditions. For more details: https://www.ishs.org/young-minds-award
Additional awards might be announced at a next stage
Abstract submission guidelines:
We invite abstract submissions for oral and poster presentations, on all topics related to the VI International Symposium on Post-harvest Pathology research topics
- Abstracts and papers have to be submitted through ROSA – Responsive Online System for Acta Horticulturae submission and review.
- For more information about how to submit your abstract, see http://www.ishs.org/sites/default/files/page-documents/onlinesubmissionauthorsguide.pdf
- The official language is English. Only abstracts written in English will be accepted for review.
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 words and be based on original work. Should give full information on the objective, materials and methods and major results obtained.
- Abstracts must NOT contain tables, pictures or diagrams.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling (English) and grammar.
- Submission is strictly limited to a maximum of one oral and one poster presentation per person.
- The deadline for abstract submissionis September 15th 2020. Abstracts submitted by this date will be considered for evaluation. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by November 15th 2020 and for the form of presentation as oral or poster presentation.
- To be accepted, abstract presenting authors must be registered and must have paid to attend the Symposium, by April 15th, 2021.
- For guidelines and instructions on how to prepare your manuscript for publication in Acta Horticulturae, see http://www.ishs.org/authors
- The deadline for full paper submission is May 20th 2021
- A valid ISHS user account is required in order to submit the abstract.If you don’t have an ISHS user account yet, please proceed to http://www.actahort.org/members/newmember first to activate your user account prior to submitting an abstract. You will then be entitled to register to the symposium at the ‘ISHS member’ rate.
- The presenting author of each accepted abstract must be registered.
- Your abstract will be published in the Abstract Book as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be possible after submission.
- Abstracts are limited to 300 words in a single paragraph. The abstract should contain a concise but comprehensive statement of the problem and results. The Scientific Committee will pay a special attention to the scientific quality of research and to the presentation of original data.
- Abstracts should be written in English and must specify: the thematic topic to which they are applying as well as the authors preference regarding presentation (oral or poster).
- A submitted abstract that does not follow ISHS guidelines, or does not have near-perfect English will be returned to the author for corrections and if not improved and re-submitted by the deadline, the abstract could be rejected. Please refer to the ISHS Authors Guide, online at: http://www.ishs.org/authors
- Authors must submit accepted communication as full papers by clicking here. Instructions for the paper guidelines are available in http://www.ishs.org/authors
- After a review process by the Scientific Committee, the selected papers will be published in a special edition of Acta Horticulturae.
Abstracts may be submitted and demanded to be presented as oral or poster presentations. Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received or based upon the type of the research work and content of the abstract, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions:
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in the VI International Symposium on Post-harvest Pathology:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to VI International Symposium on Post-harvest Pathology.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation.
- The presenting author should be available to present the abstract if selected for the Symposium program. The authors will immediately notify the Symposium Secretariat if they are unable to attend or if the presenting author is changed. Please note that each presenter can still only present one oral and one poster. The organizers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program in such cases.
Author Guidelines for full text paper submission can be found at: https://www.ishs.org/authors
Info on ISHS membership can be found at: https://www.ishs.org/members
If you need to apply for an ISHS user account, please read the “General information”. If you already have a valid ISHS user account, please proceed directly to the submission.